(Not a reader? Scroll to the bottom of this page to see graphics for all of our upcoming events & more!)
What are we learning at CHAOS?
- THIS WEEK // We will continue our series called “B.L.E.S.S.” as David Brangoccio teaches on the letter “L” which stands for Listen. It is also Denim Hype Night and we will be playing a new game titled “Cone of Shame.” It’s gonna be a baller week.
- NEXT WEEK // Our very own CHAOS Intern, Nolan Baskins, will be teaching on “E” that stands for Eat. Who wouldn’t want to learn about how eating can be Biblical and honoring to God?!?!
- Story of God at Work // On March 13, we had our first CHAOS Prayer Night where each student had the opportunity to be prayed for by their small group leader! God's presence was ALIVE. // Ally Henson (college-age, small group leader) taught us about how on the night before Jesus died .. Jesus knew that praying was not a "last resort" but instead His "FIRST priority." // Musical worship, stations, hugs, 9 square, scrunchies, and PINTS of ice cream also made for an incredible night!! Click here for pictures of our night together! #highfun #hightruth
- An 8th grade guy messaged CHAOS on Instagram this after Prayer Night: "Tonight was amazing!!! I feel so much better after walking out of naz just feeling great! It was awesome to have 1 on 1 time with my amazing leader and I can talk about things To him that I couldn’t really talk about in regular group. I highly recommend doing this more often! I feel so much closer to god!" All Glory to God!!
- Junior High Gal & Guy Bible Study // 4:30pm // Sundays (starting March 24) // Naz
- Gals: We will be doing Jennie Allen’s “Dream Big” study on RightNow Media. Text Kristin Sauerbrei at 641.640.0679. (ps: Jennie is coming to Naz on April 13th!! More info below!)
- Guys: Payson Vandelune and Ben Fienup will be leading you in a study in the book of Mark. Interested? Text Payson at 641.780.3905.
- Summer Opportunities // Visit www.cedarvalleystudents.org/events for more info!
- TEENSERVE: Deadline is THIS Thursday, March 28th!
Follow Us on Social Media
What are we learning at BIGhouse?
- THIS WEEK // Andy Walser will be teaching on “The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant.”
- NEXT WEEK // Brittany Holdsworth will be teaching on “The Parable of the Talents.”
- Cedar Falls Power Hour Lunch at Nazareth! Friday, March 29th at 11: 30 am
- Student Led Good Friday Services: April 19th, 7:00 and 9:00 pm at Nazareth Lutheran Church. All are invited!
Follow Us on Social Media for Future Weather Cancellations:
- For lots of people, life without clean water is just life. For many of us, it’s hard to imagine that kind of life. It’s hard to understand the importance of clean water, and what clean water can do for an individual and a community. From better health, education, to saving time and energy, clean water makes a difference for the empowerment of men and especially women in communities and villages all around the world.
- All three student ministries (CHAOS, BIGhouse, and BASIC) are partnering together to raise $10K for a fresh water well in Bohoc, Haiti at United Christians International UCI is a long standing partner of ours and one of the places where we send our spring break teams.
- CHAOS: We are challenging CHAOS as a whole to raise $3,000. If we meet our goal, we will have an insanely, fun CHAOS Hype Party.
- Students are able to bring cash to CHAOS or BIGhouse and/or donate online at http://basicatlang.org/never-thirst
The Freedom Project Tour with Jennie Allen (founder of the IF: Gathering) and Christy Nockels
Saturday, April 13th, 2019
7:00pm - 10:00pm
Nazareth Lutheran Churchin Cedar Falls, Iowa
Tickets Available: VIP (sold out), General Audience, Group Tickets (10+)
Get tickets today -- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/300554247264462/
Our goal is for 100+ young women (junior high through college age) to attend this event. Have a fun evening out with your daughter or niece or with a group of friends and their daughters!
More about the tour:
We’ve been given freedom in Jesus, now let’s learn what it means to live like it. Bring friends or come alone, you’re welcome just as you are!
No matter where you’re coming from in your journey with God, we all ask ourselves “can my life really change?” Maybe you’ve been walking with Jesus your entire life, but you’re carrying around this sense of heaviness you can’t shake or you’re still wondering if following Jesus is worth it, these nights are for us all to see what Jesus died for, the freedom we’ve been given in Him, and to really live like it. Let’s have fun, dig into our Bibles, and worship God together like never before.
(click on picture below more pictures of our incredible night!)