What are we learning at CHAOS?
- NEXT WEEK // Nikki Britzman will wrap up our “Armor of God” series by teaching on the “Breastplate of Righteousness.” If your student is dropped off late, please have them come directly to the gym (door 6) as we will be located there the remainder of the semester!
- CHAOS SWAG: Last call for new CHAOS swag!! Orders due Wednesday, Feb 27 at midnight! https://squareup.com/store/orchard-hill-church-2
- Junior High Bible Studies: Keep your eyes out for JH Bible study opportunities starting towards the end of March.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: If your student has events coming up such as track meets, soccer games, dance recitals, music concerts, etc -- let us or their small group leader know! We would love to attend!
Follow Us on Social Media
What are we learning at BIGhouse?
- THIS WEEK // Court Christensen will be sharing his faith story in our new series “Stories from the Seats”
- NEXT WEEK // Christie Sannes will continue in “Stories from the Seats” with her faith story,
Follow Us on Social Media:
We recognize that being a parent of a Junior High or High School student is not easy. As one of our core values is “Honor & Engage Families,” we want to come alongside you and your student with practical resources on how to best show them God’s love at this age.
We highly recommend the book “Alongside: loving teenagers with the gospel” by Drew Hill. This book does a great job showing both the roles of the parent and youth director in a student’s life. Click here to order your copy today!
This description of the book is as follows: “You don’t have to look too far for evidence that teenagers and young adults are struggling in our world. A changing culture, the ways social media connects (and alienates), the difficulties of starting a career, and so many other reasons that students struggle to know God, themselves, and their place in this world. There are many different explanations for why teenagers and young adults struggle, but one thing they all have in common is a desire to be loved. Students today are hungry for love. If the gospel is the greatest love story ever told, how do we come alongside to share it with our young friends? This book will inspire and direct you in coming alongside the students in your life, whether you are a parent, youth pastor, youth group leader, grandparent, coach, or teacher.”